Cambridge Exam Preparation
Stafford House Cambridge English exam preparation courses cover the areas of your exam in detail to ensure you achieve success. Classes are designed to teach you the skills and English language required, through the study of exam past papers and exam techniques. All Stafford House UK schools are approved testing centres for Cambridge Exams. This means you can book and take your exams in the same place you have your lessons, which should reduce exam anxiety and help you perform better on the day.
FCE proves you have reached B2 (Upper Intermediate) level of English and can use every day written and spoken English for work or study purposes. The programme will develop every aspect of your English through engaging lessons and activities, from studying idioms and modal verbs to debating ideas and writing essays at a high language level.
CAE demonstrates that you are at C1 (Advanced) level of English needed for academic and professional success. As you prepare for the exam, you’ll study complex grammar and advanced-level vocabulary and learn how to write proposals, conduct research and communicate effectively in an international workplace.
CPE (UK only) demonstrates that you have the advanced skills necessary to function effectively in almost every English speaking context. As you prepare for the exam, you’ll need to be ready to think intensively about the English language in a variety of professional and academic contexts, transposing your thoughts into different registers of language, looking for the most suitable phrasing for each situation.
- Goal-oriented and highly focussed preparation programme
- Develop the skills needed to succeed in the exam
- Develop strategies to maximise your score in the exam
How you will learn
- Skim reading for meaning, scanning for detail, paraphrasing, making inferences, and more
- Methods and strategies for successful integrated and independent writing
- The skills needed to speak confidently and succeed in a one-to-one interview
- Listening strategies such as listening for gist and for detail
- With sample papers and continuous practice of specific tasks, you will become familiar with the exam you are taking and learn how to answer the questions as effectively as possible