2023 Mix Mode Celta
Not sure if you would like to take an online or Face to Face CELTA? Want to gain experience in both? Stafford House London is offering a mix mode CELTA which combines both face to face and online teacher training and allows trainees to experience both formats.
Taught over a 9 week period, the Mixed Mode CELTA course starts with 7 weeks of Online CELTA training, taking place on a Monday evening (4 hours) and is followed by 2 weeks of fulltime face-to-face tuition at our London school.
Whether you are a recent graduate wanting to start your career, looking to teach English abroad in a gap year or during a career break, or somebody wanting a complete career change, our Mix Mode CELTA course will give you the tools you need.
Why Get a CELTA?
Do you want to live in Mexico, Hong Kong, Italy or Dubai? The University of Cambridge CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) could be the best way to achieve your travel goals.
A CELTA from Stafford House would not only allow you to travel all over the world, but could even include career opportunities in English speaking countries. Whether you are a recent graduate wanting to start your career or during a career break or career change, this course will take you to the next stage in your life.
Check out our Facebook page for reviews from our CELTA London trainees.
The hybrid approach of online and face to face learning that the Mix Mode CELTA employs offers our trainees the best of both worlds and the opportunity to gain valuable experience of the modern teaching landscape, learning methods appropriate to teaching both online and in person.
Our Mix Mode CELTA courses carry the same certification you'll receive for a face-to-face CELTA course. For the online segment of the course (7 weeks) we use the Zoom video conferencing platform for our teaching practice and live classes, and a Moodle learning platform with Cambridge University approved materials which all trainee teachers will have access to during and after the course. The 2 week face to face segment of the course will run fulltime (Monday - Friday 9.30am - 5.30pm UK time) and be based at our Stafford House London school.
The online segment is 7 weeks long and consists of 4 hour online teaching practice sessions on Monday evenings (6 - 10pm UK time), with online learning modules that trainees study in their own time.
The face to face segment is 2 weeks long and consists of full time teacher training (Monday - Friday 9.30am - 5.30pm UK time with study breaks).
WHY STAFFORD HOUSE?
- Stafford House offers a rigorous online CELTA training programme based in our London school. The programme is designed to provide you with the practical tools you will need to find success in the field of teaching English as a second or foreign language (ESL/EFL).
- Our small trainee group sizes and close attention to the needs of our students will ensure that you receive the personal attention and support needed to meet the challenges of the course.
- Our experienced teacher trainers are knowledgeable, passionate and dedicated to giving our CELTA candidates the best training available. The Stafford House CELTA has been designed to ensure our candidates access a quality curriculum for the duration of the course.
- We provide guidance on finding jobs and the broad range of career opportunities and specialisations that exist within ELT. In addition, Stafford House International teaches English at 3 year round locations and 14 summer locations across the UK, US and Canada. At Stafford House we recruit strong candidates directly from our CELTA courses to work in our junior summer centres and our year round schools. Once you’re part of the Stafford House family, there are numerous career paths for English language teachers.
- If you are interested in achieving a CELTA you should consider these entry requirements and standard English levels.
- English language proficiency at C1 or C2 Cambridge English levels
- Minimum age of 18
- Similar education experience needed for higher education
- The potential to become an effective English Language teacher
- The ability to complete assignments and assessments
- The ability to research and understand grammar
- Adequate competence in written and spoken English
Please note with Mix Mode CELTA half of your teaching practice will be online and half face to face
19th June - 18th August 2023
2 weeks fulltime face to face from 9:30am – 5:30 pm (19th - 30th June)
Monday and Wednesday evenings online from 6:00 – 10:00 pm on Zoom (3rd July – 16th August)
Total price £1350 (includes all fees)
Early bird special: £1250!
Early bird price available if you pay in full 21 days before the course starts.
Enquire about Mix Mode CELTA at Stafford House now!